Monday, July 6, 2009

Almost heaven, West Virginia!

Grandma Nancy making her famous lasagna...this was the only picture I took the week that I was there before the kids...to busy lounging and enjoying the peace!





The year that Tom and I met, his father passed away. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I know that I would have loved him. Just look at the son that he raised.

Tom's mother, Nancy, is every girls dream mother in law. If I could have placed an order on EBay, I could not have gotten one any better. It was with much delight that we learned that she had a "boyfriend". Dennis, who is now known as Poppie, was a welcome addition to our family.

Watching them "court", become engaged (even if they did it before we did!) and seeing them enjoy each other and retirement was such a special gift. When they announced that they were going to wed this Summer...well we immediately started making plans!

I decided to go up a week ahead and help them with the preparations...now DO NOT ask Dennis if I earned my keep...he might tell you that all we did was lay in the sun, take naps and eat...like I said do not listen to him! Also do not ask them if I made my flight...they might tell you that I missed my flight because I was reading a great book and did not hear it board, and had to take a later flight.

Hondo and the kids drove down on Thursday before the wedding. Lots of card games, many late night chats...and plenty of quality family time.

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment