Monday, September 21, 2009

Yet another do

DSC00756

DSC00760 

 DSC00751

Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like.  ~Author Unknown

When you have thick and curly hair not just any hairstylist will do.

I used the same woman to cut my hair for almost 10 years…and then we moved and life as I knew it ceased to exist. I turned to trying to color my own hair and I even let Noel trim the back once or twice. I mean I have been to bad stylist and I was just not willing to take a chance. About 2 years ago I attempted a color change only to end up looking like a Strawberry Shortcake doll.  I knew at that moment it was time to try to find someone…well that and I could not go out of the house with my current hair color without scaring dogs and small children.

Enter the “hair angel” Lori…Lori has successfully taken me from very long hair to an ultra modern and hip, short, mature look.  We have modified it over the last 2 years, let it grow a bit for the summer, played with the color…but the results are always the same.  I leave her salon a little poorer, but always feeling my inner diva has been released and is about to take Atlanta by storm.

Last week was no different. I went in with picture in hand and the belief that I could still have fun with my hair at 40+, even if I could not have electric blue hair. The result was exactly what I was looking for, a little flirty, asymmetrical and not a cut I had seen on anyone else. Love love love it.

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment