Monday, October 5, 2009

For every beginning there is an end…

and in true tribe fashion it could not go uneventful!

Considering the kids were already covered in mud…it was a no brainer when they asked if they could go help push out all the cars that were stuck in the mud.

They earned $20.00, which we kept for clean up fees…they had a blast…and pushed out 26 cars. Unfortunately I did not think through how they were going to get home. I KNOW they were not planning on riding in my white car with the light grey interior? UGH yes they were…luckily I had packed a few beach towels.  They were a little upset when I made them strip down, put their clothes in a plastic bag and ride an hour home wet and muddy. They were even more upset when I made them stand in the yard as I sprayed them down with a hose before they came into my house.

I asked them if they had a do-over if they would do it all over again…YES YES and YES was the reply!

Ben was no where to be found during picture time because he was to busy pushing out cars and Noah was sitting under the tent watching TV…no way he was getting dirty.

DSC00897 DSC00895 DSC00896

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment