Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chocolate on Chocolate

When I asked Allie what kind of cake I was cooking this year she said “Chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate”.
I took her at her word and below is what we ended up with.  A chocolate cake, with chocolate icing, covered in a variety of chocolate candies.
Not a fan of chocolate myself, I have to admit I giggled as the tribe ate this cake. Moans, squeals, and children who compared me to the “Cake Boss”. Yup it was a hit! (If only everything was this easy)
We had eaten so much the night of her birthday Allie requested we wait to cut it until the next night.  Hondo was traveling, so we called his cell phone, put him on speaker phone…and serenaded Allie tribe style.
As you can see the “40” candle appeared…this has become the family joke and Maam sent us a text saying she wanted it on her cake this year! I am 100% sure we can make that happen.

DSC01109 DSC01115
It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

1 comment:

  1. Oh , that looks good. Even though I wouldn't know because I still haven't had mine!!
    Hahahhahahahha.
    I love you mom.

    ReplyDelete