Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flashing gang signs?

heart I have no problem admitting that I am nerd…I have no problem admitting that I am raising 6 nerds in training…why does it pain me to say I married a nerd?

Last week while in Publix I ran into a fellow ihearter. I was explaining to Hondo that as we passed each other, with our binders and coupons in hand, she leaned over and said “I heart Publix?” my response was “Oh yea baby'”. Corny and kinda creepy huh? We exchanged coupons, trading for what we needed…and left with each others phone numbers, email addresses and a promise to call if we ran across a coupon book we were both looking for.

This began what I can only describe as a tribal roast.  Hondo started making gang symbols, over his heart in the shape of a heart saying that as we pass each other we can throw the sign up…Cassie began the I Heart Publix rap to the tune of row row row your boat…and Ben talked about getting shirts made up with our now universal gang symbol. They talked about secret initiation like sororities, that we could have our own society with leaders who have names like Sir Blinkie, Master Pealie, and Friar Hangtag BLAH BLAH BLAH…

Nothing is sacred with this crew….not even my coupons…

It may never be easy but it will always be with it.

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment