Monday, April 5, 2010

It’s all fun and games until someone barfs.

churchhhh Lock-in '09 027

My BFF Pam always says “It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye”.

I immediately thought of that saying when the kids told me what happened at the church lock in.  Apparently they had unlimited pizza and snacks all night. Several hours into the lock in the youth leaders had a Mountain Dew chugging contest. What happened next gives new meaning to soda spewing (gross I know but I am giggling as I type it). I have to scratch my head though at who would think this was a good idea?

The boy who won did not hold his soda very well and threw up all over the kids watching.  It made for a very animated story around my breakfast table the next morning, and for extra laundry (of course).

It also will be a story that will be told over and over and housed in the tribe archives.

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment