Sunday, November 7, 2010

A yearly tradition of our own.






When the guys in the house started going to camp every year, the girls figured we needed a tradition too.

For whatever reason sandy beaches seem to be the theme...and we are not complaining one bit.  This year we had 10 fun filled days together.  We started out the trip in Hilton Head Island (my favorite vacation destination), scooted over to Savannah and Tybee Island and ended the week on Jekyll Island.

We spent lots of time in the car, lots of time browsing the shops and they actually convinced me to bike ride for a whole day (never ever going to happen again).

This is not to say the trip was pain free....there was the occasional tear and harsh word...but heck we are women!

What I can say about the trip is I laughed until I peed...literally...I have amazingly funny girls. I love the extra time every year to reconnect and get to know them a little better. I also learned some way cool sayings...and how to dress so that I don;t look like a Mom (whatever).

We came home with a million funny stories to tell our guys...but the best by far was Allie trying to teach Cassie to be cooler. 

What started off innocently enough turned into Cassie...well...being Cassie. 

Allie taught Cassie the whole way to Hilton Head how to speak and act like she had swagger...she taught her how to say "wassup sista" and flash a sign over her chest...among many other things...Noel and I just giggled in the back seat because these blond haired 60 pound girls were anything but "Gangsta"...

It was all fun and games until we arrived at our hotel and made a quick run to Target ..as we were walking in the door Cassie looked at a rather large (300+ LB) woman, threw her best gang sign, tipped her head back and said "Wassup FATTIE!".

The look on Allie's face was priceless, Noel ran for cover and after I pried my cold hands off of Cassie's mouth after dragging her into the corner...she  mumbled..."but I was just being cool".

Priceless...I love my girls.

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.

Babs

1 comment: