Monday, April 6, 2009

“Luck is believing you're lucky.”

“You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”
Clint Eastwood




My sister has always had the luck of the Irish. No matter where she went she could look down and see a 4 leaf clover. I am still amazed that she can walk into a field, look down for a second (she does not even have to get on the ground), and reach out and come up with a 4 leaf clover. I think her record is 12 in 60 seconds. Amazing.

If you have read my blog at all...you know I am constantly telling you how lucky I am. Genetics? Maybe.... About dang time? Heck yes

I do not consider myself superstitious....I don't cringe at the number 13, I don't have to turn around when a black cat crosses my path,I walk under ladders,I can open an umbrella in the house, I delete chain e-mails....I HAVE been known to pick up my feet going over a rail road track and I still hold my breath going through tunnels, I cross my fingers when I buy a lottery ticket... so maybe I am just a little superstitious.

Recently I have been finding pennies, lucky pennies. It started about 4 weeks ago, I looked down and saw a penny on heads, brought it home and placed it on the back splash in my bathroom. The next day I found another, a couple of days later another...well you get the picture. So far its 14 pennies...Hondo has accepted this oddity as he has most of the other off color (weird) things I come up with. He smiles with polite humor as I offer up one of my lucky pennies to help with an important business deal. He never says a word as he sees me slip one into my pocket or into my shoe. I wish I could capture the look on his face as I ask him if he would like to "rub" my penny before he heads out of town. After all he is the one who told me "I would rather be lucky than good".

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment