Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!

Noel's Solo
Noel in center
Noel on right and Allie on left in chair
Allie top center
Cassie center

Allie Center






I have dancers.....AMEN!

I love many things in life...baseball games, hot dogs on the grill, laughing till you pee your pants and to DANCE! So I do not dance well? Who cares? I have dancers!

This year the Spring recital was out of this world good....Noel and Allie had solos...Cassie had her best performance ever...and all of them shined like the stars they are....I am not proud am I?

I have yet to figure out how Noel who can not walk across the room without tripping is so graceful on stage...how they remember all the steps...and how they got the courage to stand up there to begin with.

It was not without drama this year...duh what you thought we would make it through a dance recital without injury?

Noel broke her leg and dislocated her knee cap last year (this is the 3rd year in a row she has blown out her leg weeks before a recital)...not completely healed she re injured it earlier in the year...she made the recital but not without a brace and many hours in physical therapy. Thinking we were out the woods (snorting loudly)...Allie and I were practicing her solo piece in the basement the week before the recital...as she did a back walkover you could hear the pop across the house...yup a broken arm...of course a broken arm...would not be a Caplinger dance recital without a ******** broken bone. So you will notice the cast in the pictures...who said the show must go on? These are 2 tough chicks!

So you think you can dance eat your heart out...I have America's favorite dancers living right here in Georgia.

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

1 comment:

  1. I miss this! They are all so beautiful and have grown up so much!!! I'm sure they are all amazing to watch!!

    ReplyDelete