Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

My wake up call the morning of my anniversary.......why should this morning be any different? I can not imagine my life any other way !






It is hard to believe that I have only been married a year...it is hard to believe that I have BEEN married a whole year. I began to talk to Tom in December 2001...we went on out first date early 2002...and the rest is Caplinger history. Never one to follow the rules we did things our way...making them work for our family...and making memories as we went along.

So here we are one year later...celebrating the words that united this family. Yes I insisted that we write our own vows...not knowing how difficult they would be and that I would not finish mine until an hour before the wedding. I think Erin and Taylor were the only ones I told...until today :)..I still remember Erin sitting with me the morning of the wedding as we got our nails done...I had just come clean about not having vows because I had SOOOOO much I wanted to say...she just looked at me and said "are you SH**ING me? write the words off a cereal box but just write something, no way I am telling Tom or Mom that you don't have them!" She also kept everyone entertained as I snuck downstairs and put to paper what had been thinking about all month.

Tom:
Shannon, today I take you to be my wife. I promise to you, to work together to create a good marriage, one in which the little things are the big things. I promise to never be to old to hold your hand, to remember to say I love you at least once a day and to never go to sleep angry. I promise not to look for perfection but to cultivate flexibility, patience and understanding and a sense of humor. I promise to love you without reservation. Because of you I laugh, I smile and I dare to dream again. I look forward with great joy to spend the rest of my life with you, caring for you, nurturing you, being there for you in all life has for us, and I vow to grow old by your side as your love and best friend as long as we both shall live.
EIA IHO NO KA MALUHIA O NA LANI ME OUKOU A PAU (The peace and serenity of the heavens be with you all) And so it is....AMEN and ALOHA!


Shannon:
I have dreamed my whole life of having someone as wonderful as you to love me. I give myself to you and I promise to treasure for all of my days the love we celebrate today. I take you as my friend, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and in tears, in conflict and tranquility, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not know yet, in all the ways that life may find us. From this day forward you shall not walk alone....my heart will be your shelter.


It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment