Sunday, August 9, 2009

I am 48 years old. That is 9 degrees Celsius.

Middle age is the time when a man is always thinking that in a week or two he will feel as good as ever. ~Don Marquis



The 3 amigos waiting for birthday cake.





We celebrated a birthday with the tribe this month. Hondo turned 48....and looks pretty darn good for his age if I so say myself.

Presents, family, a cake (yes that is homeade carrot cake with homemade frosting) and chicken smoked over mesquite....I think he would tell you that in his eyes it was as close to perfection as you can get.

Maam called to wish him a Happy Birthday...but unfortunately she called on the wrong date...apparently she wrote it in the calendar wrong. This caused more than a little laugh...we actually rolled, hooted and fell out of our chair. In the first part of May I too made the same mistake. In writing down dates from one calendar to another I placed a birthday on the wrong day. Unfortunately that birthday was my mothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in the middle of my May meltdown...what ever ...you don't get your own mothers birthday wrong!!!!!!!!! Sigh...I did...and I could not apologize enough...I was horrified. Hondo now thinks there is an insanity gene running through the Farmer/Foley women.....I have told him it sure does and I am proud of it.


It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment