Monday, October 5, 2009

Yet another funny nephew moment….

From a recent email Erin sent me:
There is not enough wine in the world to help me deal with my son. 

I picked Parker up at school today and he's got a scratch and a hole on his nose.  I asked him what happened and he tells me that a wasp stung him at recess.  He proceeds to tell me that one of the teachers on the playground told him to go to the bathroom and put a wet paper towel on his nose.  I didn't think anything about it. 

Twenty minutes later, the kids and I are the doc with Nora for a check-up and I notice that Parker's nose is really swollen and bruised on one side.  Again, I didn't really think anything about his story.  He's my child and he bruises easily.

After a couple errands, we finally make it home to Jamie...who IMMEDIATELY notices that it's not a sting.  Parker bursts into tears and tells us the REAL story.  He was playing two-hand touch at recess when he ran into another boy.  He fell on a rock and BROKE HIS NOSE!!!!  Now he's sitting on the couch with an ice pack on his nose and he's grounded for lying to us.  Lord help us!  That's twice now.  He looks like Owen Wilson.
All I can say is “BLACK VELVET WATCH” baby.
DSC00939 DSC00933
It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment