Saturday, January 9, 2010

Family Tree

thumbnailCACOSC07

Some family trees have beautiful leaves, and some have just a bunch of nuts. Remember, it is the nuts that make the tree worth shaking.
~Author Unknown

I get my love of family memories, stories and history honestly.  My mother has spent many hours researching our family…and this year we were given a gift from her heart.

A hard back, bound, personalized family tree book. Complete with pictures, stories and little bits of humor.

Now I have been the teller of many family tree jokes…you know the ones…their gene pool is so shallow its a wading pool…their family tree is one branch straight up…your mama is so fat she broke the family tree…a family reunion is an effective form of birth control…the list goes on and on.

I will no longer be telling these jokes…seeing your family tree when you have a few marriages between the two of you it makes for an interesting family tree…more like a weeping willow as Cassie was quick to point out.

There was some weeping as I read this…not because of the look of my tree…but because of the hours my mother put into the gift…the pictures of family members that have made the trip to heaven and are missed dearly and the love with which it was all put together.

My book is already a little dog eared from the kids continuing to read it…but what a beautiful gift to be able to pass along to my children’s grandchildren.

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment