Saturday, January 9, 2010

Giving thanks

What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets.  I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?
This year has FLOWN by.  Thanksgiving was on us before we knew it.
As always my Hondo out did himself.  His turkey only gets better and better every year.  Let me re-state that…I do not like turkey…his stuffing gets better and better every year. Boy do I like stuffing!
We had a houseful again this year. That is the way I like Thanksgiving.  My mother taught me long ago that no one…no one…should spend Thanksgiving alone. The end result is that every time I hear that someone has no family in Georgia they get an invitation to share my family on this holiday …this holiday that makes me stop, take a breath, and look around me with dismay….is this really all mine? Yes I am thankful!!
It may never be easy but it will always be worth it….and for that I am thankful.
(I am also thankful that Sir gave Maam that camera last year, because now we all get the best pictures ever!)
Babs
 DSC01558 DSC01561
IMG_1887 IMG_1824 IMG_1825 IMG_1855 IMG_1865 IMG_1871 IMG_1873

No comments:

Post a Comment