Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pioneer Woman Cooks


thumbnailCA5EZSZW

I LOVE COOK BOOKS!

It is a sickness…that I need to buy every one that is lined up at the counter when I check out at the grocery store.

I have actually come up with creative ways to pass them past Hondo when we check out so that he does not see them until we get home.

I mean really, much like shoes, a girl can not have enough cookbooks.

My excuses are few (I just do not feel like I need many on this subject).

1. I love to cook for my family, and making a new dish they love, fills me with warm fuzzy joy.

2. I was not born a great cook, it did not come naturally, and I need all the help I can get.

For Christmas this year my mother bought my sister and I each a Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook.  We knew about the Pioneer Woman from her blogs…and my Mom had made a couple of her dishes that were yummy, so I was excited to try my hand at some of the recipes.

Dear lord in heaven if this is not the bestest cookbook in the whole entire universe I do not know what is. Since Christmas morning we have been trying out the recipes one at a time, lasagna, enchiladas, meatloaf (because I had to double it for the tribe it had 12 pieces of bread, 2 cups of parmesan cheese, 8 eggs and 2 cups of milk just to name a few ingredients) , chicken in a basket…the list goes on and on.  Not one recipe has been bad…as a matter of fact according to my family the lasagna was the best lasagna they have ever had, the meatloaf was the best meal they have ever had…and this morning when I made breakfast I made 10 chickens in a basket…a record for me.

We have been texting back and forth the results of the latest recipe…how much we are eating…and if she could possibly use any more butter?

thumbnailCAS46883

I love me some Pioneer Woman! Yeehah!

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment