Saturday, January 9, 2010

News Year Resolutions

thumbnailCAF2LSXH
Nope don’t do them…won’t do them…hate them…
I beat up on myself so much throughout the year…why oh why would I want to set myself up to fail….to impose more guilt?
I don’t want to focus on what I should do this year…I want to think about what I want to do.
I want to have new year expectations…not resolutions.
What I have done this year is to reflect back on the last year and look at failures and success with an honesty that only comes with age.
I know that I fail miserably at keeping in touch with friends and family. I have no idea why…I have a million excuses…not many that are real good…but I do know for a fact that loved ones in my life are being neglected…not for lack of love, that is for sure…it just seems like I run out of time, yet another poor excuse.
Maybe its the fact that I feel spread so thin these days? Maybe its just easier to put my head down and go as my kids say “90 to nothing” all day and then check out when I walk through the door at the end of the day? I do not know…maybe in our society it is easier to send a text or an email than to have to fully engage your brain for a conversation?
What I do know is that I need to make more of an effort to pick up the phone…to just call to say HEY…to stop and smell my neighbors roses.
I guess my resolution is to stay in better contact? NO NO I do not make resolutions…
I just promise to call more…
It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment