Monday, March 16, 2009

It takes two baby !





As a child I vividly remember my mother saying she could eat anything if she did not have to fix it herself. At the time I don't think I appreciated what she meant...as an adult boy do I understand completely.

Ben and Noah stepped up to the plate to fix dinner tonight. In the spirit of all the great male cooks of my family, I am sure my father would be proud. The girls have dance (yes they have earned that back), my sweet husband is traveling and I spent the better part of the night on the road running from here to there. I love that the tribe is working together and I really love that I did not have to fix it myself.

I have to say that it was yummy!!! Watch out Emeril Lagasse!!!

Here is the recipe they fixed:

What You Need!
1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner 1 lb. ground beef 1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided 1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

Make It!
HEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, cook meat with taco seasoning as directed on package.

STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner; spoon 1/2 into 8-inch square baking dish. Top with layers of meat mixture, 1 cup cheese and remaining Dinner mixture; cover with foil.

BAKE 15 min.; top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

They teamed this up with some Velveeta cheese dip and chips for a Mexican fiesta.

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment