Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's finger licking good!


There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do any business from there. Colonel Sanders

I am on another crazy diet....so what's new. I have set a certain amount of calories every day and am not cheating. I have a little black dress I want to wear next weekend...and because it is a "little" black dress it's a smidgen tight right now.

My lunch has consisted of grilled chicken and green beans all last week. KFC makes a grilled toasted wrap and with the green beans it is exactly 300 calories...50 less than I am allotting for lunch.

Yesterday I drove through while on the phone with my office mate and placed my order. Getting real good at eating, driving and talking...did I really just admit to that? ... I proceeded out the drive thru and onto the highway.

You can imagine my surprise when I unwrapped the bag and was hit with the best smell in the whole freaking entire world....FRIES. Some fool(greatest person in the whole entire world) had put fries and not green beans in my bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled over in a dentist parking lot...with my hand in the bag...and told Rosalind I had to call her back. For no less than 3 minutes I sat with my hand just stuck in the bag. A proud woman would not be able to admit this...but pride is not my thing...as I sat with my hand in the bag I actually found myself rubbing the fries, caressing them if you will...wondering how many of them were in the bag and what would happen if I just licked them for a "taste".

I don't have a damn bit of will power...I ate them all...all 14 of them...I even licked my fingers when I was done...I wish you could have heard Rosalind laugh when I called her back to tell her of my predicament and the outcome...she said that someone was testing me...and I kinda didn't pass....KINDA? Ya think?

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment