Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby Nora's Big Adventure











"You don't know nothing!"

This is what my niece told my father when she stayed with him earlier in the month. I can only imagine what stories she is going to tell when she goes home from this looney bin.

My nephew Parker is having yet another surgery so "Baby Nora" as we call her, has come to spend a week.

It was a little rocky when we picked her up...but she quickly had a captive audience in the car and the tears dried up (thank you Lord). Luckily I had planned ahead and I had 2 of Noel's friends come over...there is strength in numbers after all.

We have been to the pool, the playground, dress up, for many walks and even played Cat farm (don't ask I could not even begin to explain this one). We have decided that she is going to take dance lessons (sorry Erin)...and Ice Cream for breakfast is not a great idea...even though my dad did it for all my kids. She now knows all the words to the Apple Bottom Jeans song (again sorry Erin...I maybe saying that a lot)...she has told Noah he is to small to hold her (yup that one hurt)...she thinks boys should wear shirts at the pool because you can see their boobs...she absolutely has everyone wrapped around her finger.

The only tears we have had came when she talked to Mom and could hear big brother crying in the back ground. I broke out my rendition of Queen's "Somebody to Love" and we were home free!!!!!!!

I am trying to figure out how I can keep her....somehow I think that would be the nail in Hondo's coffin?!?!

It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

1 comment:

  1. No worries! She learned the lyrics to that one from me. LOL!! So glad she's having a good time. I was so worried about my baby girl. How could she not have a good time with Auntie and The Tribe?

    ReplyDelete