Thursday, July 9, 2009

Relay For Life





Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill



I have found that no one likes to talk about cancer. It is just such a yucky, touchy subject...when in fact anyone who has had it and beat it should shout from the roof tops!

So here goes mine...I AM A SURVIVOR!

My mother walked June 27th in the Relay For Life. I was so choked up when I opened the pictures that she sent me that night. She had walked in memory of my grandmother (her mother)who unfortunately lost her battle with cancer several years ago and for me, who was lucky enough to beat the odds....but nothing touched me as much as her telling me that, while more friends than she could count were walking for parents and family members....I was the only child in their group.


So I sit here today...almost seven years cancer free ...so thankful that I have the gift of another day and humming to myself....I'm a survivor ,
I'm not gonna give up ,
I'm not gon' stop ,
I'm gonna work harder ,
I'm a survivor ,
I'm gonna make it ,
I will survive ,
Keep on survivin' ,


It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and continued good health. And thanks to your mother for participating in Relay for Life. They're very important events. When you get a moment, I encourage you to take a look at this video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/1848 -- it's one woman's "aha moment" as she experienced the power of this event. I think you'll like it, and I hope you enjoy the site. There are other inspirational stories, etc., that are worth a look.

    Thanks,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete