Thursday, October 22, 2009

Number 3

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that she is one today.
It is not often that a child in this house gets Mom and Dad to themselves.  What we have learned over time is that when it does happen they tend to act as if they have not talked to you in 10 years…trying to catch you up on everything that has happened since they were 6 months old…talking quickly, afraid that another child will appear and they will lose precious time…and telling all they know about the children that are not around.
We recently had child number “3” all to ourselves…this does not happen often anymore because as all teenagers do, she feels that when the clock hits 5PM on Friday it is mandated that she be away from the house….far far away.
I had forgotten how funny Noel is, how smart and witty she can be (she has decided she is going to be a Young Republican and has a very educated argument as to why) and I was reminded how darn much I am going to miss her when she leaves the nest. As I have said she reminds me so much of myself…lord help her (wait a second, lord help me).
Never know what a night with a tribe member is going to bring…this night was Mexican food (duh) where Noel ordered a virgin daiquiri…then died with embarrassment as I asked the waitress to make it an EXTRA VIRGIN (emphasis on the virgin please). Hey I figure I have to get my hits in when I can :) 
DSC00991
It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment