Saturday, January 9, 2010

My how time flies when you are having fun…

thumbnailCAHH8HKI
The holiday season went way to fast this year. Unlike years past we did not travel to Florida this year. There were very mixed feelings about it…we missed our family time with Hondo’s family, we missed sitting on the beach while our friends freeze their fannies off…but the flip side was that we really really got to relax.
I tend to forget how lucky I am that I have off the same time as my children. They are growing up so fast that I need to cherish this special time with them.
I cleaned all my closets and drawers, I spent hours in front of the TV, I had several days that I never got out of my jammies, we went to the movies several times, the kids all had plenty of spend the nights with friends, we played endless card and cribbage games and we decompressed. Hondo took off the same time as we did and we had plenty of hours to just sit and talk. Something that we forget to do in this crazy life of ours.
Noah and I cleaned the garage, a job that had been a long time coming.
I had promised to blog during this time, to get everybody caught up…I just could not do it…rather than write about the funny stuff this family gets into I was too busy spending time with them.
All in all just a wonderful vacation that did not last nearly long enough!
It may never be easy but it will always be worth it.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment